Skip to main content

Icons and Heroes Defined

What does icon mean?

The dictionary on my phone has five meanings of icon depending on the words' use.  Well here on my blog, an icon means none of that defined in my phone's dictionary and instead takes its modern definition from the wikipedia which says that an "icon" is in the general sense of symbol — i.e. a name, face, picture, edifice or even a person readily recognized as having some well-known significance or embodying certain qualities: one thing, an image or depiction, that represents something else of greater significance through literal or figurative meaning, usually associated with religious, cultural, political, or economic standing.

Ok, so it says symbol so I my dictionary had it right after all.

What about heroes?

Heroes is the plural form of hero. Kidding!  A hero or heroin for a female is again from my phone takes this meanings:




Taking these meanings, icons and heroes are just synonymous with each other.

Anyway, I will be posting here different personalities or even things that influence me the most and even to the point of changing my thoughts, words, actions, beliefs, etc etc.

"It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us through". - Zig Ziglar



Credits:
http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/flickrCC/index.php?terms=arrow&page=8&edit=yes&com=no#
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/z/zigziglar132507.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Workouts to Flatten Your Belly

      80 Jumping Jacks Jumping Jack is performed by   jumping   to a position with the   legs   spread wide and the   hands   touching overhead, sometimes in a clap, and then returning to a position with the   feet   together and the   arms   at the sides. This is a full body workout which elevates your heart rate. This makes you breathe more deeply which gets oxygen to your bloodstream and to your muscles. This exercise burns fat at rapid rate, energizes and sharpens your mind. 100 Crunches You can either do basic crunch or double crunch. Basic crunch is done by lying on the floor, knees bend, feet on the floor, hands behind your head,  and rising or bending your body up in a curling position then slowly lying down again to repeat the method. Double crunch is done the same way but the feet are raised up with your knees at a 90 degrees angle. Crunches are a great exercise for toning your tum...

How to Prepare Your Young Boy to be a Gentleman

My son just turned five years old last month.  Now before I go on I want to let everyone know that I'm blogging this because I am still feeling shocked, awed and excited all at the same about the greatest news in the entire universe this week. The wedding of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo! Oh my gosh, I thought it was not going to happen. But it is really true that the universe listens. I am one the many people who saw the drama Descendants of the Sun (can someone please explain to me because I still don't understand why that is the title but anyway...) who prayed and hoped that Big Boss and Beauty were a real thing! Oh for how many weeks after I've finished watching the drama I kept wishing that they would really end up together. Ever after. Forever and ever! I just can't contain my excitement. I can't help but smile every time I think about this news. Whether I'm in the bus, on the train, or walking haha! Song Hye Kyo is a wise woman to have chose...